A few months back the fine folks at Kaufmann Mercantile sent over this canvas tote from the Duluth Pack Co. so we could put it through its paces. Well, try as we might to find the smallest fault in this bag we’ve come up empty handed and duly impressed. Constructed from 15-ounce canvas with belted leather handles, this bag maintains an aesthetic simplicity while providing a serious myriad of uses. To name a few EveryGuyed Certified tests:
- Lining it with a plastic bag & filling it with ice & beer for an impromptu party cooler (we suggest keeping a bottle opener like this one in the bags interior 8×8″ pocket at all times)
– Lengthening the straps for use as a backpack while riding a bike
– Carrying a week’s worth of groceries comfortably
– Providing a shady napping spot for a tuckered-out puppy after a long day at the beach.
Even with plenty of conventional – and some seriously non-conventional – usage, the bag still looks like it did the day it arrived. Actually that’s a lie, it looks better; the leather straps have softened beautifully taken on a patina, while the canvas has emerged unscathed both inside & out.
…it has the heritage look along with the actual heritage construction that separates simple stylishness from truly fashionable functionality
But really it’s no surprise that this bag is built to last, it has a lifetime warranty that actually means something considering that Duluth Pack has been in the business of handmade canvas and leather goods since 1882. We especially love that Kauffman has Duluth make these bags unique to their shop by having them sew the leather Duluth logo patch on the interior pocket, giving the bag a clean look.
The bag is available now in both black and olive green colorways at Kaufmann Mercantile for only $115, a steal when you consider that it has the heritage look along with the actual heritage construction that separates simple stylishness from truly fashionable functionality. We also can’t recommend highly enough that you spend a little time exploring the entire online shop, since Kaufmann is an outfit known for their peerless curation of functional, beautifully designed pieces.
Latest posts by Steve Southon (see all)
- Advertising on EG Network Made Easy With BuyAds.com & iSocket - November 11, 2012
- Video: A. Sauvage for Dr. Martens ‘The Student’ - October 11, 2012
- Video: Louis Vuitton ‘City Guides’ San Fransisco - September 28, 2012